The Juliette & Chocolat branch manager is responsible for creating the Juliette & Chocolat culinary experience for our customers and for ensuring the quality of customer service and restaurant operations. He or she will oversee and coordinate operations by prioritizing customer service and coaching restaurant employees. The manager must also supervise their branch’s operational decisions (hiring, training, managing inventory, etc.), manage their store’s financial performance and address any food safety, health and safety issues. They must act as a role model at all times and act in accordance with Juliette & Chocolat standards.
The candidate must enjoy restaurant work, which involves standing for long periods of time, a fast pace, and a day, evening and weekend schedule. They must be friendly, cheerful, enjoy teamwork, customer service, and be resourceful. In order to excel in this position, the candidate must enjoy challenges and have a strong desire to learn and grow with Juliette & Chocolat.
- Ability to efficiently manage a very fast-paced work environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Great collaboration and teamwork skills
- Independent and autonomous in managing restaurant operations
- Planning and organization skills
- Ability to develop and set workload priorities
- Experience in composing teams (hiring, training, evaluations)
- Sense of leadership and ability to supervise and coach team members
- Mastery of customer service and sales techniques
- Good computer knowledge (Windows, Word, Excel)
- Bilingual French/English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Passion for their work
- Sense of ethics and honesty
- Ability to manage sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality
Team management and leadership:
- Managing high-volume periods, crises and stressful periods with a cool head and ensuring smooth continuity in order to maintain operations while setting a good example for the team.
- Demonstrating leadership, supervising a team and acting as a mentor.
Overseeing team member training, especially for shift supervisors and assistant managers, in order to guarantee high quality.
- Using efficient management principles and practices to create a strong and united team by creating an environment where team members are respected and appreciated, and where their accomplishments are recognized.
- Supervising, coaching and providing team members with feedback and development opportunities.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with team members in order to understand their motivations, strengths and weaknesses, as well as their individual needs.
- Having a flawless appearance and manner of addressing and communicating with the team.
- Constantly prioritizing the clients, and ensuring that they always get a professional, friendly and courteous service
- Constantly looking for ways to exceed customer expectations
Guaranteeing the quality of products:
- Monitoring and applying the Juliette & Chocolat standards at all times (respecting recipes, quantities and presentations, rotation…)
- Ensuring proper implementation of all specials and new products.
Human resource management:
- Monitoring teams and labour costs within their branch by revising the schedule and by ensuring that all team members in all positions (service, bar, kitchen, leader, coach, supervisor) are well trained and efficient.
- Overseeing hiring and training to create and maintain a strong team.
- Identifying, encouraging and coaching team members who show potential for promotion.
- Using all operational tools to plan and ensure that sales objectives are reached or surpassed.
- Teaching and motivating the team to push in-restaurant and takeout sales.
- Managing inventory to avoid losses and breakages
Food safety and cleanliness:
- Applying Juliette & Chocolat procedures and standards for food safety and cleanliness (MAPAQ, SMI)
- Ensuring that all cleaning tasks are completed in accordance with Juliette & Chocolat standards at all times, and monitoring these tasks by doing rounds.
Maintaining the premises:
- Applying the Juliette & Chocolat procedures and standards for properly cleaning, maintaining and using machines and property.
- Preparing all papers, forms and accounting within the determined timeframe.
Performing daily, weekly, monthly and annual tasks within the determined timeframe.
- Keeping the office clean and organized.
Paying close attention to financial management (recipes, float) while respecting the accounting and deposit procedures and ensuring office security.
- Protecting the confidentiality of Juliette & Chocolat and team member data in the office, computer and in the Cloud.